viernes, 4 de diciembre de 2009


Toxic shock syndrome is a group of severe symptoms, including dangerously low blood pressure, usually caused by toxins produced by staphylococci.
The toxins may come from bacteria infecting the body or from bacteria growing on the body (this happens with tampons, especially the high absorban type)

Among the symptoms there might be fever, severe headache, red eyes, sore throat, confusion, vomiting, etc.

There are no recommendations for preventing toxic shock syndrome in women who do not wear tampons or in men.
Super absorbant tampons should not be used when menstrual flow is mild or moderate.

*Merck (2004)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario